Monday, October 13, 2008

slackness


Well, I didn't get jack done over the past week. We finished off our 6 test spree with one each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday I had lab all morning and was in the clinic in the afternoon. Friday and Saturday I spent the day in Lincoln learning all about knee injuries, which was actually pretty cool, from this guy. He's brilliant and a really great teacher. Sunday Jess and I went on the windiest bike ride ever. But we broke a sweat and that's all that matters.

So, on Saturday one of my professors noticed that I was pronating badly. I was wearing my running shoes and orthotics. Needless to say, it was time for a switch. Today I went to Peak Performance and got these bad boys. Mizuno Wave Inspire 4. They are a stability shoe for mild to moderate overpronators. They have cushion, which I like, and a larger toe box. I tried on about 7 pairs of shoes and liked these the best. I side-by-side'd them with the Asics Kayano and they had similar cushion, but these had a roomier toe box. So tomorrow, I will run in them and let you know how they work.

Lastly, some frightening news. Tomorrow for lab we have to measure body fat percentage. I am terrified of those damn calipers! Oh well, judgement day awaits.

Run on!

No comments: