Saturday, October 4, 2008

The injury, the lack of exercise, blech

So I saw my professor yesterday to check out my back. Apparently I have what is called a "posteriorly tilted pelvis" on the left side as compared to the right. As you can see from the photo I posted below, your pelvis (hip bones) is actually 2 separate bones called "coxa". The left one is tipped backwards towards my back and the right one is in its normal position. This is causing me to have a ton of pain when I lean backwards ("extension"). Anywho, she did some rotation adjustment mobilizations and gave me some exercises. So I'm hoping to be better soon.


Tomorrow is the Race for the Cure. I have run in this race in Omaha 4 times now and I will attempt to run it a fifth time tomorrow. The back is NOT completely better, but I will probably try to run anyway. 3.1 miles isn't too bad, especially b/c it's relatively flat.


Well, that's all I have. Bummer to be hurt and have to take time off from running, but I will be getting back at it ASAP. Run on friends!

Meg

No comments: