Monday, March 23, 2009

bloody calves!

I had planned on running 8 miles today (well, yesterday). Unfortunately, Omaha got out butts handed to us on a silver platter by the first thunderstorm of the season. The winds were gusting up to 60 mph so I headed inside for treadmill time. I fully intended on doing the full 8 miles (there's a TV in the gym thankfully!) but my calves had other ideas. They usually hurt at first when I switch back and forth from the treadmill to outside running, but it generally goes away after a half a mile or so. Not the case today. I decided at 1 mi in with my calves on fire that I would try for another mile and if it hadn't let up by then I was headed home for RICE. 

Needless to say, I ran 2 miles, spent at least 20 min stretching my calves alone, another 15 min on the ice and popped a couple NSAIDs. They feel better already. I think I'll try again tomorrow. ;)

Run on!

No comments: