Tuesday, May 5, 2009

another race...

And a trail race to boot? Yes, please! I think that since I couldn't afford the dinero (in the spirit of Cinco de Mayo) to run in Lincoln, I should replace it with a cheaper race. And I found one! The Uff Da Run in Woodville, WI on May 16th in celebration of Syttende Mai. Syttende Mai is Norwegian Constitution Day, which is actually May 17th. I happen to be 100% Norwegian, so this is pretty cool for me! Also, it's only about an hour and a half away from Litchfield it'll be easy peasy to get to. Maybe even someone from the cities will drive over with me! Anyway I have until May 9th to decide, so I think I'll sign up this afternoon after my long run. I want to wait and see how the foot fares in the new shoes first before signing onto an actual race.

And with that, I'm going to sit and watch some TV and then hit the trail for 12-13 miles. Later tonight is my friend's birthday celebration and Cinco de Mayo! Drink some margaritas and Dos Equis yum!

Run on!

No comments: